PDA

View Full Version : White light in render

ThegeezerJK
09-22-2010, 01:58 PM
Hi there,

I have got a small problem and been messing around for a few hours to no avail!

I have just completed my product and wish to render it with a shadow against a white floor plane so that the object casts a shadow. I set my environment to pure white aswell to match the plane and so i dont see a seam line.

Only, when i set my floor plane to white, in the render it comes out grey and no matter what i tweak, i cannot get it to look Jet white.

Thanks for your help everyone, simple i know but i cant seem to solve this one?

James

ThegeezerJK
09-22-2010, 02:03 PM
Im using Mental Ray btw with 3 simple MR Area Omni's

Thanks

ThegeezerJK
09-22-2010, 02:06 PM
No, its just a pretty straight forward setup

I am using final gather, global illumination and the mental ray exposure that could be simulating how the plane would react in reality maybe

I have a project with work in for tommorow and im stuck on how to do it, just sweating a little :-(

Yann1ck
09-22-2010, 02:07 PM
DO you have some sort of tone mapping or physical lens?

ThegeezerJK
09-22-2010, 02:07 PM
No, its just a pretty straight forward setup

I am using final gather, global illumination and the mental ray exposure that could be simulating how the plane would react in reality maybe

I have a project with work in for tommorow and im stuck on how to do it, just sweating a little :-(

Yann1ck
09-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Probably your exposure control that is doing it.

I am not familiar with 3dsmax. But maybe you can render a pass with the object. Do another pass without any exposure just to capture the shadow on the floor, then comp it together.

JeffPatton
09-22-2010, 04:52 PM
Take a look here for some tips: http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-3ds-max/lighting---rendering/the-unexplained-question-how-to-render-on-a-white-background-with-reflections-and-shadows

Meet
09-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Take a look here for some tips: http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-3ds-max/lighting---rendering/the-unexplained-question-how-to-render-on-a-white-background-with-reflections-and-shadows

Hi,

There are two ways to do this,

1> You can link one Ambient light to the ground plane and the other lights in the scene will not be
linked to the ground plane, which will be linked to the character. And in the shader of ground
plane set the value of ambient to 1 and diffuse to 0.1 or 0. The color of ambient will be white.

2> Assign the use backgroung shader to the ground plane will give you the shadow pass on the
ground plane. The other part of the ground will not come in the render.

Meet
:)

CGTalk Moderation
09-23-2010, 10:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.