PDA

View Full Version : My Rigging Demo 2010!

xracz
09-22-2010, 05:49 AM
Hi,
This's my new rigging demo,it shows what I`ve been doing at this year. There are three parts in this reel, include the "self-developed rigging system"、"advance deformation" and "facial rig".

I hope you will enjoy it.

Any feedback will be appreciated thanks you.

please watch the demo here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospT0s0hVu4

or here:
http://vimeo.com/15181967

mrtprodz
09-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Great work :thumbsup:

EricDLegare
09-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Very nice, good presentation too :beer:

underearth
09-23-2010, 08:20 PM
very nice reel, nice presentation, specially toony chracters with overcoat :-)
keep up good work,

best of luck

sunny

xracz
09-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Thanks a lot guys, I'm so appreciate!

Any suggestion?

Kaleidoscope
09-26-2010, 07:35 PM
Very inspiring, I just finished off my first rigging and animation reel and this got me all excited and a bit depressed at the same time (in a good way). :)

I'm extremely curios on how you made that "fat coat" rig and the "squashy girl head with the hair" rig. I don't expect a step by step tutorial but could you maybe explain a bit what goes into making a rig like that?

Thank you and congrats to a great reel :)

xracz
09-28-2010, 02:34 AM
Very inspiring, I just finished off my first rigging and animation reel and this got me all excited and a bit depressed at the same time (in a good way). :)

I'm extremely curios on how you made that "fat coat" rig and the "squashy girl head with the hair" rig. I don't expect a step by step tutorial but could you maybe explain a bit what goes into making a rig like that?

Thank you and congrats to a great reel :)

Thanks martinjoas.
I suggest you try nurbs object to influence complex geometry,it's a real good stuff, can make things easy and save your a lot of time to paint weight.
For the "fat coat", i use a nurbs sphere to influence the whole body,apply some deformers on the sphere,and drive the deformer with some attributes that whatever you want.
For the "hair" rig,i use dynamic joint which from cgtoolkit's tutorial.
The things you have to figure out is the control hierarchy .
Hope this helps and good luck!

AsaMovshovitz
09-29-2010, 07:50 AM
Hi xracz,

Great reel,
I really like the truck set-up, have you got more examples of that?

Cheers,

Asa

xracz
10-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Hi xracz,

Great reel,
I really like the truck set-up, have you got more examples of that?

Cheers,

Asa

Thanks Asa!
Yes,i have more examples of rigging like that,but i just wanna show the best,and maybe next year i'll show more interesting things.
Thanks again! :bounce:

Eax
10-07-2010, 06:35 AM
Very Nice :thumbsup:

coa82
10-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Really good reel. Good features on Truck rig.

Cheers mate!

xracz
10-09-2010, 02:49 AM
Thanks guys,Cheers!:applause:

CGTalk Moderation
10-09-2010, 02:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.