PDA

View Full Version : Fire GL X1 dual monitor question

Bpanting
10-02-2003, 04:11 PM
I am having a problem with menus in Maya. If I bring up the hotbox or right click something on my second monitor the dialog pop up appears on the other monitor. It's kind of a pain going over to the other screen to select what I want. Anyone know if there is a setting to get the menus to appear corectly?

boxcrash
10-03-2003, 01:52 AM
Hmm sounds strange.
Possibly a primary and secondary monitor issue.

Meaning if the one monitor is main and the driver settings for the Ati Fire card are for the main monitor to display the menus or pop up command, etc. then that could be why.

Or if it is not truly dual monitor but one display across two monitors stretched it may default to all displays, etc. to show on the first half.

Hope that helps or steers in the right direction.

Also what driver version and what OS?

Bpanting
10-03-2003, 01:36 PM
I am using xp, but also had the problem on Win 2000. Also running the 1034 drivers that are recommended for Maya 5.0, but have tried all the other drivers also. So I don't know what else it could be. :shrug:

sircle
11-07-2003, 10:50 AM
Its not your fault it does it with my X1 also. my aim screen name is sircle if you want to discuss it further. I had a Fire GL 4 and it treated both monitors as one giant 2560x1024 desktop and that made the marking menus work fine. So if we could find software that would do that for our display drivers we would be ok. also Ultramon is better software than Hydravision. You can get it from ZDnet.

Sircle

Bpanting
11-07-2003, 12:50 PM
Ultramon is better software than Hydravision

I will have to chek that out. I tried calling ATI and the could not figure it out over the phone. The said they would look into it and get back to me, but that was over a month ago. I am going to be buying a new card for my home PC and because of this and their poor driver supprt I may end up going with an Nvidia card.:shrug:

matty429
11-07-2003, 05:20 PM
Ati knows about it...They just wont admit that dual monitors is horrible with maya...if you need dual monitors now...switch to nvidia

Bpanting
11-07-2003, 05:52 PM
if you need dual monitors now...switch to nvidia

That's probably what I am going to do for my home system.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.