PDA

View Full Version : backdrop image in perspective view

allenatl
10-02-2003, 04:29 PM
Is there a way to show a backdrop image in the perspective view-specifically a 3-quarter head shot? I've seen screenshots of this in other applications. I also saw
a Lightwave screenshot where an image was projected as a texture but I'm looking for an option where I can see the image with the wireframe overlay.
An good example is in Gnarly Cranium's Malformed Head Project, on the perspective page (page 3):
http://www.logrhythms.com/Leah/index.html

I've done searches and been through the manual and found no reference to this.

Remi
10-02-2003, 05:23 PM
It's a plane with the picture mapped to it....in Gnarly's Malformed head thing...just make a box map an image to it and there you have it.:)

allenatl
10-03-2003, 06:06 AM
Thanks, Remi. I had gotten this far before but I got stuck on how to view the projected image through a wireframe view. This time
though after re-reading Gnarly's notes, I realized that all I had to
do was make the head transparent in the Surface Editor and select the head while still in texture view. Just a case of not seeing the forest for the trees.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.