PDA

View Full Version : camera settings

Ayreon
10-02-2003, 03:05 PM
Oke, I've been using Lightwave for quite some time now, but there's something I just don't get.
If I model for example a head, it looks oke in modeler, but in Layout it looks strange. Resolution is 640*480, zoom is default 3.2.
If I want it to look like it is in modeler I have to set zoom to 20 and put the camera 15 meters away. Is this how it is supposed to be or am I mising something here?

Ayreon

davx
10-02-2003, 05:33 PM
Hi,
the camera zoom in layout corresponds to the perspective amount in modeler (display options/layout).

From what you say, it seams you've set the perspective amount very low in modeler...

Hope this helps.

davx

Ayreon
10-02-2003, 09:41 PM
Thanks DavX for your reply. I'l check my setting in modeler and see if I can get that setting to correspond with the settings of the camera in layout.

Ayreon

leigh
10-02-2003, 09:50 PM
Yeah, when you are in Modeler, press "d" to open your Display Properties, and under the Layout tab you'll see a slider marked Perspective Amount.
Altering this value radically alters the way your perspective viewports display the model, in just the same way as changing your lens size in Layout does :)

Ayreon
10-02-2003, 10:17 PM
It would be nice if the slider in modeler had a numeric value so you could adjust the slider to match the camera settings you're using in layout.
How do I know what to set it to?

Ayreon

leigh
10-02-2003, 10:24 PM
It would be nice if the slider in modeler had a numeric value so you could adjust the slider to match the camera settings you're using in layout.

I agree!

How do I know what to set it to?

Good question, I guess you just have to... well, guess :surprised

I think the best way to go about it would be to use a perspective amount that is more or less in the middle of the slider. I think that corresponds to a 35mm-50mm lens in Layout (more or less) :)
That is also a good perspective to model too because there is very little distortion.

Kvaalen
10-02-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Leigh
I think the best way to go about it would be to use a perspective amount that is more or less in the middle of the slider. I think that corresponds to a 35mm-50mm lens in Layout (more or less) :)

It seems to me that when you first install LightWave it is about 3/4 the way to the right. I'm not sure since I've changed it many times since then. :thumbsup:

leigh
10-02-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Kvaalen
It seems to me that when you first install LightWave it is about 3/4 the way to the right. I'm not sure since I've changed it many times since then.

Aaah yes you're right, Kvaalen! :)

Ayreon, keep it at around 3/4 way to the right. This should work fine for you for now!

Ayreon
10-03-2003, 12:32 AM
Thanks everyone! I'll set the slider to 3/4 to the right and work from there....... I guess ;)

Ayreon

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.