PDA

View Full Version : Test neighbour

designit
09-20-2010, 08:34 AM
Hi

Working on a animation with polaroids turning into different shapes and logos using find target and particlevector etc.
To have polaroids gradually assemble im sending them to new events with scripts testing position to have a sort of wipe over my particles.

However to have a little variation I would like a wipe starting from a single particle ( or perhaps a few ones ) and then spreading out to its neighbours and to their neighbours and so on.

I have just bought #box3, primarily for its cache op's, but perhaps the neightbour test could be built with the data ops? ( note: im totally newb with data op's - but would like to learn :) )

OlegB
09-20-2010, 10:03 AM
You may want to check how Surface Spread Box#3 preset works - http://www.orbaz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1200 - and apply similar approach for your scenario.

Thanks,
Oleg B.

Piflik
09-21-2010, 09:06 PM
This should be possible in vanilla Max, too, using a combination of a Keep Apart Operator and a Speed Test. Have one Particle in an Event that is used by the Keep Apart Operator. If this particle comes near the others, they will start to move and the Speed Test Operator (if Speed > 0) sends the particles to a new Event that is also used by the Keep Apart Operator.

CGTalk Moderation
09-21-2010, 09:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.