PDA

View Full Version : nCloth as rigid body problem (with picture!)

PhilR
09-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Hi,

I'm using nCloth as a rigid body system for a road that is getting broken up by an animated passive collider smashing through. I'm getting a real problem from the bottom face intersecting through the top face...and it's really annoying!

http://tinypic.com/r/a10ro3/7

i know intersection issues are common, but i've searched high and low for an answer. I can't just up the rigidity or the deform resistance because my geo is combined (about 5000 pieces). I've tried upping the substeps and collision iterations to high amounts but this hasn't helped either. The collision thickness for all the geo is set to 0.001. I've also changing the collision flags to full surface.

I think the pieces that are having this problem are the ones being his by the passive collider (could it be because i'm using quite a sharp pointy piece of geo for this?) .

Sorry to ramble but if you're still reading this then any suggestions would be very appreciated...my project is supposed to be handed in this week so i wanna get cached tonight!

ty
Phil

CGTalk Moderation
09-19-2010, 05:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.