PDA

View Full Version : Body modelling

ReSeT
10-02-2003, 09:12 AM
Hi all!

Since I've modelled cars, buildings, plants, environment, things like bottles, glasses, etc. it's time to begin my first human body.

Now my question: Where do I have to start? Could you professionals give me (less professional) some advice? Are there any application independent Tutorials? What do you use (i.e blueprints, photos) for modelling? What techniques dou you suggest?

I'm using blender, and may use all advanced techniques like nurbs, bezier curves/patches and subdivision surfaces.

THX in advance

Dane

ReSeT
10-03-2003, 11:50 AM
WOW THIS IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME, SUCH A HUGE AMOUNT OF VERY INTERESTING ANSWERS.

Seems like the pros don't want to share their secrets...

Marcel
10-03-2003, 12:55 PM
I can only speak for myself, but I felt that your questions were asked a gazillion times already and were much too general to give an interesting answer.

But since you feel like we are holding our knowledge as a hostage and you demand we hand it over, (as so eloquently put on another board :) ) here goes:

- I usually start with a cube and two reference planes.
- you can find lot's of tutorials with Google
- I'd suggest you use subdivision modelling / polygon modelling

Not very usefull, see?

Just start modelling and ask specific questions/critiques when you get stuck, that is much more effective :)

spartek
10-04-2003, 12:35 AM
Well, I'm not a professional, but I've modelled a few bodies recently (just to get the feel of it) and I used reference photos from: http://www.fineart.sk. I used spline cages/subdivision modelling to model the body, starting with the legs and working upwards. I didn't follow a tutorial as such, but referred to this one occasionaly http://www.3dtotal.com/ffa/tutorials/max/joanofarc/joanmenu.asp It's for 3DS MAX but adaptable to other apps.

Some anatomy knowledge is very handy, particularly in relation to bone/muscle structure.

Hope this helps :)

ReSeT
10-04-2003, 08:50 AM
WOW THIS IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME, SUCH A HUGE AMOUNT OF VERY INTERESTING ANSWERS.

Sorry for this ugly spam, but had a bad time at this moment.

Anyway thx for your replies guys, after searching the forum intensively, i've found many links and suggestions.

GreetZ

Dane :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.