PDA

View Full Version : Subdivision>Poly>Boolean issue

jsells20
09-18-2010, 08:37 PM
I am modeling as subdivision surfaces and tried converting to polys and nurbs but the boolean operation is not working as it normally does. I have two objects.

Is there a way to use boolean in subdivision mode?

Dare-o
09-18-2010, 09:29 PM
I don't believe there is a way, it's probably best just to covert it (modify > smooth mesh preview to polygons), then after its converted just boolean the polygons.

goodluck

jsells20
09-19-2010, 12:47 AM
I know that method pretty well but in order to get a good smooth after 1 boolean the top has to be smoothed at 4. Only thing about that is I can only choose one of the smaller objects for the boolean operation, if I combine the smaller objects or group them and try to run the operation then it will not work, the geometry disappears haha!

If I smooth the top at 2 and leave the smaller objects with no smooth, the operation will work overall but obviously the look is not favorable.

Does anyone know of some technique that I can perform this and get smooth corners?

CGTalk Moderation
09-19-2010, 12:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.