PDA

View Full Version : Live-Action/CG Rotoscoping Project

CapnCrunchy
10-02-2003, 05:41 AM
Ahoy, mates! Glad to meet yer acquaintance. :beer:

If I may, I do have a request; a bit of a problem, really, so I would be ecstatic if somebody could help me out.

I'm actually looking for tutorials and/or the original documentation for Icarus. I've personally had Icarus for some time, but not until recently have had opportunity to make use of it... and then I realize, I have utterly no clue how. Unfortunately, I believe I must have lost the original documentation and tutorials that the developers authored (in .pdf format, if I'm not mistaken) in a formatting accident. Thus, I have the software, just not the documentation.

I have tried just playing with it, but thus far just can't get decent results out of it; upon import into Lightwave, it's all just a random bunch of nonsense.

I'd really like to get back to work on this certain project (wherein I actually get to composite snow into a live-action short shot entirely during spring, where there simply was no snow -- brilliant, isn't it? :rolleyes: ), but unfortunately the motion tracking is holding me back. Would most appreciate the help! (Oh, and if somebody were willing to run all the clips through Boujou or something, I certainly wouldn't mind that either. :p )

Thanks so much! Oh, and I'd be more than willing to tender any further details about the short film should anybody care -- help would be most appreciated in many more respects than just the aforementioned, should anybody be interested and/or willing. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.