PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Bones

Editboy
12-14-2001, 12:41 PM
Hi I wonder if someone could help me. I'm trying to rig a t-rex model adn I'm getting a bone that has it's orientation different from one side to the next. On the side farthest from the camera, the hip socket bone has a heading parallel to the x,z plane. but on the other side, none. The near side was mirrored in modeler and I can't figure out why the orientation changes.

Thanks
KT

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lw3d/files/Hip%20Bone%20Problem.jpg

Rabid pitbull
12-14-2001, 01:14 PM
i think when you mirror "skelegons" in modeler the orientation is not mirrored... kind of a pain.

Anybody know of a plug-in that helps in this department?? Quite annoying to have to set the bones twice.....

Chewey
12-14-2001, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Editboy
Hi I wonder if someone could help me. I'm trying to rig a t-rex model adn I'm getting a bone that has it's orientation different from one side to the next. On the side farthest from the camera, the hip socket bone has a heading parallel to the x,z plane. but on the other side, none. The near side was mirrored in modeler and I can't figure out why the orientation changes.

Thanks
KT

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lw3d/files/Hip%20Bone%20Problem.jpg

I'd use skelegons if I were you. Much easier to make sure the bones are created at 90 degrees to each other when you need them to be set that way in order to get IK to work properly.

Editboy
12-14-2001, 05:53 PM
This was built with skelegons in modeler. I'm building it as per the Desktop Images tape on basic character setup by Brian Freisinger.
Select one side of skelegons then mirror. But as the previous person said, the orientation doesn't appear to mirror.

Chewey
12-14-2001, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Editboy
This was built with skelegons in modeler. I'm building it as per the Desktop Images tape on basic character setup by Brian Freisinger.
Select one side of skelegons then mirror. But as the previous person said, the orientation doesn't appear to mirror.

I'm using LW7.b I just opened up modeler and created an upper male torso(arms outstretched) object with skelegons, mirrored the skelegons across the YZ plane, checked both sides of the skelegon's orientation using edit skelegons to verify they indeed were indentical in rotation settings. No problems yet. Saved the object and the skelegons with subd's enabled(tabbed)

Loaded the object into Layout, converted skelegons and everything's fine. No problems like what you are experiencing.

Are you using LW7b?

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.