PDA

View Full Version : Switches with Radio Buttons using MEL?

mccollom73
09-16-2010, 05:59 AM
Hey all,

I am trying to have radio buttons that you click, and will give you different results each time. Pic is below. So, if I click on 1, in the first part, 3 in the second, and no in the third. it'll give me 1 of my object, 3 of my other object, and no objects. How would i do this?

Also, I am not sure how to go about creating my GUI like I have it in the picture. Something about that would b helpful as well.

If I need to explain this further please let me know.

Josh

NaughtyNathan
09-16-2010, 10:15 AM
I assume that nothing happens when you actually click on the radio buttons, only when you press the create button right?

well, the create button calls a function, lets say called "doMyRadioCreate". This function simply queries the radio button states and decides what to do based on the results. Probably using a switch...case: design.

however, if you want more than 4 radio buttons in a single group I'd suggest using a different control type. For example, if your radio buttons are simply defining an integer, just use a siingle intField or intSlider. If they are going to represent a list of some kind (e.g. cube, sphere, cone, torus, cylinder, etc..) use an optionMenu.

how much MEL UI do you know Josh.. any?

:nathaN

mccollom73
09-17-2010, 04:02 AM
I assume that nothing happens when you actually click on the radio buttons, only when you press the create button right?

well, the create button calls a function, lets say called "doMyRadioCreate". This function simply queries the radio button states and decides what to do based on the results. Probably using a switch...case: design.

however, if you want more than 4 radio buttons in a single group I'd suggest using a different control type. For example, if your radio buttons are simply defining an integer, just use a siingle intField or intSlider. If they are going to represent a list of some kind (e.g. cube, sphere, cone, torus, cylinder, etc..) use an optionMenu.

how much MEL UI do you know Josh.. any?

:nathaN

Right, nothing happens when you change radio buttons, just when you click create.

I was thinking about using the switch ... case method but if you are saying to use a optionMenu if I am using more than 4 radio buttons, I will look into that.

I know the basics of MEL UI creating, all of this is learning on my own, but wanted some direction before I started.

Thank you for all the advice you have given me Nathan.

Josh

CGTalk Moderation
09-17-2010, 04:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.