PDA

View Full Version : Strange disappearing mesh???

FalineFarwell
09-15-2010, 04:25 PM
I have an odd problem that most likely is just a maya bug or glitch. Im working in Maya 2011 and heres the problem.

I have a rigged mesh with about 8,000 faces. All the sudden when I move the hand rig the faces on the whole hand and random faces on the mesh disappear the faces become clear. I can add a new material and but once i move the rig again it disappears again. I have no idea whats causing this but its putting me at a stand still and need a solution! :argh:

FalineFarwell
09-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Also I have the same problem on other meshes.

proxyPrimate
10-05-2010, 04:04 PM
A colleague of mine had this problem the other day. Random faces disappearing off his mesh and assuming I remember correctly what was happening was that the weighting had gone funky and certain points had very high weightings which resulted in them being exploded out into the far reaches of the maya scene... Beyond the clipping plane! He's gone home but I'll ask him to offer some advice in the morning. But check your weights and see what you find.

CGTalk Moderation
10-05-2010, 04:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.