PDA

View Full Version : Custom Animation Panel Setup help

mikefeil
09-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Hi,

I have been spending ages trying to figure out how I can create a shelf button that is my animation layout I like to use. I seem to be completely missing something and have looked all over for some sample scripts.

Basically I want to create a button that toggles my layout

ThreeLeftSplitViewArrangement;

with the top left panel being the perspective (would be awesome to know how to set certain show options too) the bottom left being the graph editor and the main panel on the right being any camera that has the name render it

I have tryed a few ways and I just can't figure out how I get the panel names and then set them to be what I want them to be, they seem to constantly change e.g. modelpanel1 becomes modelpanel2 on restart etc

anyway I hope this makes sense, I'm not looking for a completed script or anything, just something in the right direction as I'm trying to pickup MEL

Thanks,

NaughtyNathan
09-15-2010, 02:19 PM
don't you just need to save a panel layout (using Panel > Panel Editor > Layout) then put:
setNamedPanelLayout "savedLayoutName";
on a shelf button?

:nathaN

mikefeil
09-15-2010, 02:29 PM
yeah I want to try and do it without saving a layout, if thats possible?

CGTalk Moderation
09-15-2010, 02:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.