PDA

View Full Version : Silly Question - Please help

ReinS
10-01-2003, 06:35 PM
Hi!
I just got Painter7 and so I dont have any inspiration with it. I started drawing for a bit to get used to the interface and stuff, and I noticed that, when using layers, the blurry edge of one layer turns out to be white if u put a layer underneath it, wondering how to fix this (i suppose its got to do something with the brush i'm using).

Like this:

Jinbrown
10-01-2003, 08:46 PM
Hi,

Read the Painter 7 User Guide, Chapter 8 Customizing Brushes. Bookmark that chapter and refer to it whenever you have a question about brush settings.

Read the following thread:

How do you use the Smeary Bristle Spray? (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=88092)

chrisdejoya
10-02-2003, 04:58 AM
it just looks to me like it isn't blending with the previous layers. There's a checkbox on the Layer controls. don't need a manual to figure that one out.. have fun.

tayete
10-02-2003, 10:17 AM
Yep, I think Snow is right. The tick is called "Pick underlying colour" or something like that... That blends the colour you are brushing with the previous ones in the other layers.

ReinS
10-02-2003, 06:58 PM
It could be me but checking that box doesnt make any difference to the image...

tayete
10-03-2003, 10:24 AM
Obviously it is a real-time check. I mean, it doesn't affect your previous work, but your next strokes. If you paint now in a layer with the check ticked, you'll notice the colour blends with the underlying ones.
Thus, you should erase your previous strokes (or at least the ones with the white border), and repaint them with the check ticked.

Jinbrown
10-03-2003, 03:48 PM
Also consider the fact that if you paint with the Pick Up Underlying Colors box checked, and later decide to add another Layer below that Layer and paint with new colors, any color picked up previously will very likely look pretty awful above the new Layer's colors.

Do read the User Guide as it will give you more information and you won't always have to rely on other users to explain things.

It's still good to ask questions when you either don't understand something in the User Guide, or you can't find the answer there.

ReinS
10-03-2003, 04:45 PM
Hmm okay,

Thanks every1 who helped :) t works now, couldve figured for myself but hey, thanks :D

seeya around

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.