PDA

View Full Version : help :: flexmo tail setup

dobermunk
10-01-2003, 06:21 PM
Hi. I'd like to setup a tail on my figure using flexmotion. I follow the very straight-forward docs but things go screwy when I leave setup.

Here are two screen grabs - setup:
http://www.stickman.de/content/temp/FlexMo_Setup.jpg

and animate:http://www.stickman.de/content/temp/FlexMo_Animate.jpg

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any help greatly appreciated.

WesComan
10-01-2003, 06:27 PM
Have you turned on Filter Rotation?...and try keyframing the first bone on the curve to 0 on z.

dobermunk
10-01-2003, 06:32 PM
err... filter rotation?
ahem, is that within the Flex curve settings?
(I can't find it )

Keyframing doesn't help. To make sure I understood correctly: I keyed the bone's position and rotation again. Did this in Setup, as moving them in animate didn't change the messed up curve alignment.

WesComan
10-01-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by dobermunk
err... filter rotation?
ahem, is that within the Flex curve settings?
(I can't find it )

Keyframing doesn't help. To make sure I understood correctly: I keyed the bone's position and rotation again. Did this in Setup, as moving them in animate didn't change the messed up curve alignment.

Doh!

Just tried it for real and it that should be *Filter Hierarchy Motion*, not Point Rotation. Sorry :)

For the keyframing thing leave the setup position alone, go to animate and set the z position for the bone that you've applied the flex motion to to zero. This *should* position the bone at the start of the curve.

WesComan
10-01-2003, 06:51 PM
...and yes, the Filter Hierarchy Motion is in the Flex Motion settings (in setup select Flex Motion)

dobermunk
10-01-2003, 07:38 PM
:buttrock:
It seems odd that the start bone would be offset in z suddenly, but that was it. Thanks, Wes!
I have to play with all those options to get a better feel for what they do - pretty powerful for a couple of mouse clicks!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.