PDA

View Full Version : connecting one to multiple ones

vfxmatt
09-14-2010, 09:15 AM
Hi

I am a fusion user but im trying to learn a bit of nuke.
I have one question.

In Fusion if i create a transgform node that transforms layers plugged into it I can then output that transform node to as many merge nodes as i want.however in Nuke i can only plug the transform into one node at a time?

what am i doing wrong?

how can i get the nodes to plug into as many nodes as i want?

cheers for the help.

ChristopherP
09-14-2010, 10:09 AM
is THAT (http://www.nukepedia.com/python-scripts/nodegraph/pastetoselected/) what you want!?

cheers
chris

earlyworm
09-14-2010, 11:05 AM
In Nuke you typically drag the tail end of the arrow to connect nodes. So if you create a new (unconnected) node, you grab the tail of the arrow and drag it up to the node you wish to connect it to. You can connect one-to-many this way quite easily.

Also see "To duplicate a connecting arrow" in the User Guide under Using The Interface > Working With Nodes > Connecting Nodes.

vfxmatt
09-14-2010, 02:16 PM
Hi man thanks for the reply.here is what i want to do. I dont want to duplicate the transform i want to use one transform to plug into many nodes

vfxmatt
09-14-2010, 03:33 PM
hi guys,i got it working thanks :)

CGTalk Moderation
09-14-2010, 03:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.