PDA

View Full Version : Character Modeling vs Enviromental

rsharpey
09-14-2010, 01:30 AM
I'm kind of new to CG and I think having a career in it would be interesting, so here's my question. What is the diffrence between a character modeler and an enviromental modeler? What do they do exactly and what makes them diffrent? What are they responsible for in video games and films?

thanks

Psyk0
09-14-2010, 02:16 AM
Seriously?

Environment artists usually create buildings and props that fill the environment, while character artists create humanoid / organic creatures that interact with the environment...:curious:

rsharpey
09-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Seriously?

Environment artists usually create buildings and props that fill the environment, while character artists create humanoid / organic creatures that interact with the environment...:curious:

Oh I thought it was more complicated than. Silly me =P

Teloni
09-14-2010, 09:47 PM
Character artists are well versed in human and animal anatomy and focus more on organic modeling techniques. Environmental artists experts on architecture and landscape arts and focus more on hard surface and terrain modeling.

CGTalk Moderation
09-14-2010, 09:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.