PDA

View Full Version : Trouble rendering Final Gather map

jasonmi
09-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Hi

So trying to create FG maps to decrease overall render time of my animation.
I've set up render settings as needed and FG map with rebuild - OFF; Enable map visualiser; and have selected folder the file should be in.
Also have selected render mode as FG only as not necessary to render out everythig right now.

The result is an FG map (I know as render screen is blue-expected result), except

It is not visible in the viewport despite having enable map visualiser (really helps to see it)
And render time drastically increases with each render, despite having some information already present, suerly can't be right?
Any help is very much appreciated,
Thanks

JasonA
09-15-2010, 04:04 PM
after you've rendered out your fg map, make sure to go back and set the rebuild option to freeze before actually dong your real render. when you hit render it should go right to antialiasing without pre-calculating the fg pass so the renders times overall should certainly be lower. I dont usually use the visualizer so im not so about that

jasonmi
09-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Hi Jason

Good name you have :)
so anyways I made sure to Freeze it. When rendering time increased that was with each render of the FG Map, whereas should have been quicker each time as information was already there, seemed to have taken longer.

I noticed afterwards in the Output window an error message stating 'cannot save final gather map: The device is not ready' have no idea what that means, except its making life very difficult.

CGTalk Moderation
09-15-2010, 10:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.