PDA

View Full Version : Preparing scene for demo reel..need opinions

MissOptimist
09-12-2010, 02:50 AM
I want to include my earthquake scene to my upcoming demo reel, I have 2 versions of it, one has strong noticeable dust and fog effects, and the other has only subtle amount of them. Since I'm going to move the camera around the scene, I'm thinking of using the version with less effect so the details of the buildings at the back can be better seen. However as a 3d still, the scene with drastic dust and fog effects seems to be setting the mood more :shrug: which one do you guys think I should put in my demo reel?
http://i51.tinypic.com/12517jd.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/1zz2ao6.jpg

xXGauntletXx
09-14-2010, 11:17 PM
One thing I could suggest is to change the lighting a bit. It looks too bright for a rubble-filled destroyed street. The dust and fog looks to me like it's a volumetric light more than dust/fog.

Rapsheba555
09-15-2010, 04:51 AM
Even though the lighting is used to set the mood, I think you've made it a smidge too blue overall. It looks more like "cold" winter lighting than, say, the more likely summerish lighting. IDK, i can't pin it down exactly, the lighting just seems too cold. Try making more rayed light (as in shining around clouds of dust, the ":silver lining" effect in clouds) in the outermost reaches of the image, because the dust would be scattering and focusing the light more.

Sorry, that wasn't my most coherent piece of advice. xD

Decency
09-20-2010, 03:08 PM
More dust, hides the repeating buildings better.;)

stuh505
09-23-2010, 08:20 AM
Forget about the dust, mate. Increase the texture and detail in the ground texture by 10x and you'll be golden...

DannyWinter
09-28-2010, 11:38 AM
When i see the screen shot i get the feeling that it is really foggy and cold.
If possible i would use a more warmer color for the dust and the lighting.

For the rest it looks really cool.

Well done.

ARTzuza
10-13-2010, 09:02 PM
great work, though i think the scene have to much fog ( dust ) , if you minimize it a little bit maybe you have better result.
it is my opinion.

CGTalk Moderation
10-13-2010, 09:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.