PDA

View Full Version : Fur/Feather/hair are not important to a modeler?

gimong910
09-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Hi.
First of all, sorry for my grammar. :(

While I'm studying the modeling in feature film, I got some questions.

Current CG creature makings in movie industry are getting to deal with more dynamic effect than past.

As a modeler whom wants to join the actual feature film industry in the future,
How important to understand or deal with making such fur/feather/hair dynamic effect?
I am focusing on the photorealistic expression by using zbrush scurpting nowadays.

If the dynamic effects are getting used frequently, future modelers will deal with this?

My collegues(most of them are modelers) are not much deal with the dynamic. everyone are making naked human, lizard skined creature, costumes are all tight, smooth surface like leather,armor...

Are Bird feather, lion, bear, long hair female... only for dynamic effector's job?
I want to know whether these skills are completely separated in the industry now.
Also I want to listen your opinions about the future of this issue.

Thank you in advance :)

Dare-o
09-11-2010, 01:59 AM
For presentation wise it would really help showing off your character models. Adding that extra detail is always a good idea. I don't think many modelers need to know hair/dynamics for industry jobs though, it might help land you a job but it's not entirely necessary.

CGTalk Moderation
09-11-2010, 01:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.