View Full Version : Dambusters FAQ Post your questions

RobertoOrtiz
09-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Dambusters FAQ
Post your questions for the DambustersFXWars

MN3M
09-17-2010, 09:42 AM
hi Roberto ,

i had a few questions about the competetion becaus it is my first time to take the decision of participation on a CG challenge :D , i found it preety great & useful :deal:

lets start :
when & where i can start my participation ?
when i post my thread ?
where i post my thread ?
i dont understand this part :

DATELINE:
October 31 , 2010
(After that You have ONE MONTH and TWO WEEKSto do the challenge.)
The voting plug will be posted on November 5th

where i upload my vedios ? or can i upload on my own URL or on my (vemio,youtube) account ? and otherwise images ?

sorry buddy this is not every thing but this is till now , i`ll find what else and post it.
thanks for your time

Muhammed :D

RobertoOrtiz
09-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Well you can post your WIP entry here:
FXWARS Forum (http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=139)

Anyone can, and the challenge is now open.

You can use Vimeo or Youtube to upload your videos, and yes you can post an url to your videos.

Good Luck

-R

diparun
09-19-2010, 01:53 AM
Hi Mod,

What about the models ? Can we get the collada model ? Also, anything available for the Dam?

Plus, Can we used footages instead of the Dam models(if at all I can find one)??

~Arun

RobertoOrtiz
09-19-2010, 04:16 AM
Hi Mod,

What about the models ? Can we get the collada model ? Also, anything available for the Dam?

Plus, Can we used footages instead of the Dam models(if at all I can find one)??

~Arun

You can do the challenge any way you want.
If you want the collada version of the model, just post your WIP thread, and I will make sure you get it.

-R

Dimis
09-27-2010, 07:52 PM
Possibly a stupid question, but it's the first time I decide to participate in a challenge, so here goes:

You mentioned that the dateline is October 31. Obviously all entries must be submitted by then, but is there any chance you'll accept any on November the 2nd or 3rd?

Also, the freeform type of entry means that we can create pretty much anything as long as it includes a dam of some kind, a flying vehicle, and the destruction of the dam by that vehicle, right?

RobertoOrtiz
09-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Possibly a stupid question, but it's the first time I decide to participate in a challenge, so here goes:

You mentioned that the dateline is October 31. Obviously all entries must be submitted by then, but is there any chance you'll accept any on November the 2nd or 3rd?

Also, the freeform type of entry means that we can create pretty much anything as long as it includes a dam of some kind, a flying vehicle, and the destruction of the dam by that vehicle, right?

I can make acomodations to accept an entry on the 2nd.

And yes, on the freform entry you got complete liberty.

-R

Dimis
09-27-2010, 10:14 PM
Thank you very much Roberto :)

CGTalk Moderation
09-27-2010, 10:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.