PDA

View Full Version : Proxy Mesh

new2rigging
09-08-2010, 12:37 PM
guys there is something that i need to ask you.

suppose i have a mesh of a biped character.

and now i want to rig it .

so i decided to break it down into pieces such as head torso legs hands and etc etc for the convenience.

now my question is that after i rig and skin the mesh then i wont get back the original single mesh model instead i will have a rigged model with numerous pieces. so what should i do to get back my original model in single piece after the rigging and skinning is complete. or can u suggest of any process to do the same by which i can break down the mesh for rigging and after it is done then i can get back my original mesh with the rig.

thanks in advance..:) :)

KohnarForever
09-08-2010, 04:04 PM
You can duplicate your original mesh before the bind and cut up the duplicate in order to create a proxy mesh. Then its as simple as binding the original mesh and parent constraining the proxy pieces to the joints that would drive them. After that, just have a visibility switch between the bound mesh and the proxy mesh. I usually place this on the COG.

new2rigging
09-08-2010, 05:52 PM
hey thanks..
i will give that a try..
if i face any problem i surely post that...thanks
:bowdown:

CGTalk Moderation
09-08-2010, 05:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.