PDA

View Full Version : rendering question

charleslin
09-08-2010, 12:39 PM
I know this is more a rendering question, but I didn't see a section for that so I'm guessing this is the next best thing.

I'm having a problem trying to get a pure color pass using maya 2011 mental ray. I have a bunch of objects in the scene and some of the objects are image planes with alpha transparency. Another reason I am using mental ray is to keep the overall polys down because I have lots of cylinders which I an rendering smooth approximated (via the '3' key) and using software, I have to either poly smooth it or go to nurbs, which I don't want to do.

The pass I am trying to achieve is like the one where in the viewport, if you were to go to the lighting options selected the one that says "use no lights." Is there any way to achieve this?

I've gone through every setting and pass override and associated pass I can think of and no joy thus far. Tried to find my answer via google and no straight answers there too.

Any ideas anyone?

CGTalk Moderation
09-08-2010, 12:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.