PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question about SubD's

athreed
09-30-2003, 11:02 PM
hello guys.
i'm using cinema 4d,
but have decided to try xsi,
and my question now :
is there a way to edit lowcount poly-mesh but to see object sub-patched.
i think is the best way to modeling, thus you can view interactive changes when extruding, beveling etc.
also sorry for my bad english :shrug:

Cinematography
09-30-2003, 11:25 PM
You can use the + and - keys to increase and decrease the amount of subdivisions in your polygon objects. Or you can go to your 'geometry approximation' properties and do the same.

To view both low res & hig res:
Simply go to the create/poly. mesh/subdivision option. You can put your subdivided object onto a separate layer so that it can't be selected, giving you more freedom to interact with the low poly. mesh. Also, you may want to go to the display options [I think] and make your low poly. mesh visible as a wire frame only. If you do this, you will have to unclick an override button in a viewpanel option.

tachy0n
09-30-2003, 11:35 PM
Use +/- to increase & decrease subd level and turn on 'Polymesh Hull' in the View menu.

athreed
10-05-2003, 11:30 PM
http://www-scm.tees.ac.uk/users/group1/mobi/tutorials/wireframe.html

i've managed, but this tutorials shows things nice.

JM82
10-06-2003, 08:14 AM
you can test the combinations of "ctrl" + "+" and "alt" + "+" for a quick access to this functions.

athreed
10-06-2003, 07:16 PM
thanks for replies.
now i was wondering another thing.
is there a way to interactive(with mouse) extrude\bevel polygons (like you now c4d or lw).

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.