PDA

View Full Version : Vue 8.5 xStream integration issues

PhillShaw
09-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Hi All,
I have recently trial-ed Vue xStream 8.5 for Mac, after hours digging DEEP I finally found that in order to facilitate the integration of C4D and Vue I have to sun C4D in 32-bit mode. With that done I can now see the "Vue 8.5" drop down menu in C4D, however the "open scene in standalone Vue" function, which I think is key to whole thing, does not function, I get this error:

http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=97883

I am also getting an error that says "I dont have write permissions on /private/tmp/eon" I have researched this and I cant find how to correct, as I am on Mac it looks like there is very little support on this issue, the 'tmp' folder isn't actually a physical folder so I cant manually change the 'chmod'. Can I specify the temp directory or change it from the above folder??

Any thoughts on how to sort this? importing and exporting scenes is massively time consuming and I probably wont buy the full version if this function is poor. I have contacted E-on but no reply!
Thanks,
Phil

RLM
09-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Hi Phill, really sorry but can't give you a definate solution here. I gave up trying to use the xStreme version of Vue years ago after deciding there are enough problems trying to get one program too work perfectly in this day and age, without integrating another into it.

However, if you have an option for 'open scene in stand-alone version'. I would expect this to try and port your scene into the Infinite version of Vue, if it is installed. If it's not, you will need to install it to use that option or I would expect the error message you received.

I presumed you wanted to work within Cinema interface as you are using the xStreme version of Vue though. Therefore, I don't think that is the correct option to use here! As I have little experience using the xStreme version of Vue, that's the best advise I can offer unfortunately. Maybe see if there are some tutorials on the subject over at geekatplay.com though!

Other options if you believe you are still using the correct options:

1. Submit a support ticket to both Maxon and E-on (Although you have already submitted to E-on and have not heard back, great isn't it!
2. Uninstall and re-install xStreme
3. Try different options in menu (avoiding 'open in stand-alone version')

Wish I could help more but why don't you try the stand-alone version of Vue instead? It takes longer as everything as to be ported back and forth, but will work far better in the long-run.

Cheers,

PhillShaw
09-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Hi,
Thanks for replying, yes I have submitted a ticket to both Maxon and E-on now so hopefully one or the other will be able to help :( I am really just looking for a solution to my landscape creation needs, *ideally* there is something that'll help me create the level of detail that Vue has but in C4D. I have tried tutorials and google but I have a hard job creating realistic atmospheres and outside scenes in C4D, Vue handles this a dream, obviously!

oh well back to the drawing board!

RLM
09-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Hi Phill,

I am in exactly the same position as you and have always wanted to be able to create fantastic, realistic looking scenics too. I tried xStreme in the past, but it was terrible and really unstable. I am now using Cinema to create architectural elements that I then import into Vue using the .DAE Collada format so that I can accurately keep original textures.

So far, it seems to work really well and although it takes longer doing it this way rather than all inside of Cinema. It's one less thing to worry about and completely removes the problems associated with integration of two programs that are vastly complex.

Take a look at Vue Infinite and try it out. You will need to try the demo version of a export plug called Riptide though, as the export options available in Cinema at present are extremely limited.

http://skinprops.com/news.php

All the best and hope that helps,

CGTalk Moderation
09-09-2010, 10:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.