PDA

View Full Version : Tree tutorials - any out there?!

sscanners
09-05-2010, 01:44 PM
After having a good search around this forum I haven't been able to find anything, so here goes.

For my final year project I'm doing four different stills, one is a forest, I'll be using 3dsmax and plug ins, but I can't seem to find any tree tutorials. I can find ones that are low poly and useful, but nothing that is really ''pretty' per say.

Does anybody know any good tree tutorials, I'm not expecting the standard I see in the 3D stills area, but anything close would be greatfully appreciated!

:)

pierechod
09-09-2010, 11:43 AM
whats your end result to be?

animation (fly through, close up movement?)
Still
Archi Viz

This will effect where and what you should use (both plugin and modelling methodology wise).

sscanners
09-09-2010, 04:07 PM
whats your end result to be?

animation (fly through, close up movement?)
Still
Archi Viz

This will effect where and what you should use (both plugin and modelling methodology wise).

Ah thankyou for replying! I thought hope was lost.

I was to make a 3d still of a forest, as realistic as possible. At the moment I have the afterburn and vray plugins.

Rahl
09-14-2010, 03:27 PM
Is it one of your first works ?

Because if it is starting with something as complicated as a forest will not be easy, might want to learn simple poly modelling and then move on.

sscanners
09-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Is it one of your first works ?

Because if it is starting with something as complicated as a forest will not be easy, might want to learn simple poly modelling and then move on.

No it isn't, I've been learning Max for quite a while now, I know how to basic poly model already etc. But thankyou for the advice.

CGTalk Moderation
09-14-2010, 03:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.