PDA

View Full Version : Student finance for postgraduate course?!

stacey1983
09-05-2010, 12:12 PM
I'm in my last year at Lincoln University studying BA (HON) Animation and I want to study further on after I leave. I have looked at escape studio for further education but obvious It will be expensive. I was just wondering since i got help from the goverment to support me at Uni that if they would the same as its a Postgraduate level? For the loans I mean.

moidphotos
09-11-2010, 09:57 PM
The UK government doesn't give any loans for post graduate study. That's why not many UK students choose to study for a Master's. The nearest thing would be to get a loan from a bank (expensive) or apply to the AHRC for one of their funding applications - but you've got almost no chance of getting money out of them unless the research you want to do at post graduate level is extremely fine art based and you study at a famous fine art establishment. I've been teaching master's students for six years now and I've never had a single student get funded by the AHRC. Escape Studios is not a post graduate course, so you wouldn't be able to get any funding for it anyway.Good luck.

stacey1983
09-15-2010, 10:22 AM
At least I know now. Thank you for your comment :) and shall take it on board.

CGTalk Moderation
09-15-2010, 10:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.