PDA

View Full Version : Drive-thru

tasiek
09-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Hello!

I'd like to present you a demolition shot that I was working on lately. Just wanted to practise some procedural destruction, inspired a bit by 2012 :)

Have fun watching, and any crit is welcome.

Njoy!

YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9NSXKIFOWU)
Vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com/14620196)

QuickTime h.264 166MB (http://www.tas3d.com/video/drivethru.mov)

PsychoSilence
09-01-2010, 11:01 PM
That's pretty bad ass! Lots of camera projection?
How long was the production time?
Rocks butt! great job as always :) that is some high quality vfx shot! And finally some one who manages to make TP RBDs not looking like the object is melting...

Ansi

Glacierise
09-02-2010, 07:07 AM
Nice job dude, cool to have some nice quality stuff over ;) Would be better to have more blicky character of the breaking stuff, in the 2nd break,and more small debris. But overall detail level is nice, you fume too. You might use some ffx rolling dust cloud/mist in the foreground, other then that - nice :) And great comp :beer:

Bandu
09-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Thats really awesome, nice job dude!

tasiek
09-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Thanks guys!

PsychoSilence: Well this project was so much stretched in time that I cannot even estimate how long it took me. Surely few months of after hours work :)

Glacierise: I planned this rolling dust/smoke on the street and in far BG, but at the end I got tired of this project and wanted to finish it ASAP. About 2nd fragmentation, I was working in TP3 on this one, and this kind o effect was out of my range. Now it's much simplier in R4 :buttrock:

cheers

NickWhitmire
09-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Nice subtle piece. Effects are cool. Nice smooth cam. Great work

PsychoSilence
09-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Thanks guys!

PsychoSilence: Well this project was so much stretched in time that I cannot even estimate how long it took me. Surely few months of after hours work :)

The effort shows :) Great Job! Bookmarked your blog :) Your R&D rocks! :drool:

kind regards,
Ansi

rnjonjo
09-03-2010, 11:52 PM
That kicked ass dude...

at the risk of sounding like an amateur at this (which I am) you didn't use any real cameras at all, right?

all that was CG???

EVERYTHING was done on the computer?

tasiek
09-05-2010, 02:56 PM
rnjonjo: nope, no real footage tracking. But J.Cameron's 3d camera would be usefull for sure!

PsychoSilence: No cam projection at all. At the beginning the plan was to compose it into footage, but I couldn't find any siutable place to shoot. Despite city I'm in right now still has quite a few buildings that bears bullet hits from WW2. So this shot evolved during production, and thats why it took me so long to complete it. Simply lack of planning skill :scream:

Pslavi
09-08-2010, 08:42 AM
Excellent work! what more can I say!.. :-)

CGTalk Moderation
09-08-2010, 08:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.