PDA

View Full Version : particle lookat constraint

mahmoudcg
09-01-2010, 09:07 PM
hello everyone
I'm trying to make particles to look at camera and lock that to a single axis , Z only in my case, so I create a point, make it look at camera, use an expose transform to extract the z rotation and wire it to the z rotation field of a particle flow rotation operator, it works great but only when I'm moving the camera in the viewport, once the camera is animated the particles are only stuck to the first rotation and don't get their rotation updated through the animation. any thoughts on this??

PsychoSilence
09-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Have a look at the Shape Facing Operator in the help! That should do exactly what you want :)
Don't be thrown off it creates square shapes. If you have different shapes as particles just drop teh shape operator UNDER the shape facing.

cheers
Anselm

mahmoudcg
09-02-2010, 04:14 AM
thanks for the reply
tried the shape facing but it actually rotates the particles in all three axis so first I created a point helper and wired its x and y position to the camera so its moving always on the particles xy plane then I used that point as the shape facing target. works great, thanks a lot :D
but now I want to make it work with the first method because it has no extra point helper and it drives me crazy that I see it working when draging inside the viewport but not in animation

CGTalk Moderation
09-02-2010, 04:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.