PDA

View Full Version : Particle flow with Reactor

notsocreative
08-31-2010, 07:23 AM
HI All,

I want to explode an old radio in 3DS max. I used Rayfire demo but there is a problem.
Every chunk in exploding and falling they are of same weight which can't be true.

There are speaker which are made of metal so they should be heavier then tiny capacitors (made of plastic).

Now i am planning to do this through PFlow and some what i succeeded. in this case exploded chunks are like they are filled in a box and explode in without any arrangement as they were in radio.

Best way can be reactors but that is too slow and my PC hangs.

So now i am looking for combination of Pflow and reactors. So if there is solution, then please help me.

Thanks in Advance
Regards
Darshan

JohnnyRandom
08-31-2010, 06:53 PM
Assuming in Rayfire you used PhysX, did you enable "Strength By Mass" in the PhysX Simulation Properties?

notsocreative
09-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Hi John Rand,

Thanks for help.
I tried this but i guess this works for Forces like gravity or wind.
I tried to change its weight (mass) but it wont change.

By the way, i tried changing some settings, used gravity in z axis and y axis in stead of wind (it was giving some weird results), and WOW everything is done.

Thanks for your help once again. If you some tutorial, please post it (as i seen your work is very good)

CGTalk Moderation
09-01-2010, 08:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.