PDA

View Full Version : A road of cigarettes by particles

blacko0ps
08-31-2010, 06:56 AM
Hi Guys
I am facing a problem on recent project that I am working on.Maybe you guys can help me.Basically I am making a road by smoked cigarettes.Its around 120000 cigarettes.Now my problem is that particles have collision with each other,I enabled separation parameter for particles but it doesn't work well,still there is collisions ,Also tried multiscattering,vray scatter,fR-Scatter plug ins.They have self collisions option,but because they make a bounding box around of each cigarettes and most of cigarettes having bend,so it makes empty area between cigarettes.I want make the road filled by cigarettes.I don't mind if they are on top of each other just not floating on the air.What solution do you guys suggest me ?

OlegB
08-31-2010, 12:40 PM
Did you consider using Box#2 (http://www.orbaz.com/products/particleflow/box2/) ?
The idea is to use Birth Grid restricted with a geometry. The geometry should have the footprint of the road, and some height above it. This way you can fill out the inside of the geometry volume with cigarette particles, and it won't have much density. Then engage gravity and let the cigarettes to fall on the ground/road to make the dense road cover. Since it's Box#2, the cigarettes won't intersect each other. You will need to speed the road into several section since 120K is too much to make it in one pass.

Thanks,
Oleg B.

blacko0ps
09-01-2010, 07:15 AM
Thanks,I watched the demo.It seems really useful,I have to try it.

CGTalk Moderation
09-01-2010, 07:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.