PDA

View Full Version : Is there still no way to make particles emit light??

BrokenWindow
08-31-2010, 01:43 AM
Ive been searching for a way to assign lights to particles but haven't had much luck. Came across a few broken scripts that don;t work.. That and I know nothing of scripting, which doesn't help... Haven't found anything to work properly... I have tried Enlight.. Works with particles but no particle flow. Any help would be great... Thanks...

scrimski
08-31-2010, 05:20 AM
Ive been searching for a way to assign lights to particles but haven't had much luck. Came across a few broken scripts that don;t work.. That and I know nothing of scripting, which doesn't help... Haven't found anything to work properly... I have tried Enlight.. Works with particles but no particle flow. Any help would be great... Thanks...
You can link lights to particles using MaxScript. Which scripst you found that didn't work for you?

PsychoSilence
08-31-2010, 02:23 PM
Hy BrokenWindow,
that is discussed only one thread below:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=206&t=905421

use the search function ;)

JohnnyRandom
08-31-2010, 03:21 PM
Support your local maXster of scripting and learn from one of the best at the same time ;)

Chapter 11:
https://www.cg-academy.net/es_catalog/product_info.php?products_id=73&osCsid=lfgh1o2824qb6108ogvoih12g2n8drak

Side note: if you have access to final Render it has fr-particleLight.

avolution
09-05-2010, 12:39 AM
Not only is it possible, you can also animate the color of the light by event age-all sorts of
things you can do via pflow-control

CGTalk Moderation
09-05-2010, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.