MindShell
09-29-2003, 10:45 PM
famale character

voleur (french for thief)

http://members.rogers.com/slav1/sn_iframe/gallery/voleur.jpg

enjoy

sirgreensock
09-29-2003, 11:04 PM
Very nice! I like your technique, is that watercolour?
I think her eyes lack a bit of depth, but it is kinda fitting for a thief. :)

Also, you should change your topic name to fit the rules of the forum. :hmm:

MindShell
09-29-2003, 11:20 PM
i didnt notice that ... but hope this helps its made with guache

bumskee
09-30-2003, 12:02 AM
gouache??!?!?! that medium is so hard to use, yet you pulled it off nicely. she's looks great, specially her outfit and background.

her face might need some work though, her nose there's that two dark bits on the tip, a lilttle lighter there is my suggestion. also her hand(?) looks a bit off.

the working progress on the right looks awsome, just noticed it. she looks fab specially the bottom one. she's got this relaxed, sly look, but in the gouahce one, she looks tired and cheap, she doesn't have that "bring it on" look. maybe she's got too much dark patches on her eyes.

Anyways, great work! :beer:

MindShell
09-30-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by bumskee
gouache??!?!?! that medium is so hard to use, yet you pulled it off nicely. she's looks great, specially her outfit and background.

her face might need some work though, her nose there's that two dark bits on the tip, a lilttle lighter there is my suggestion. also her hand(?) looks a bit off.

the working progress on the right looks awsome, just noticed it. she looks fab specially the bottom one. she's got this relaxed, sly look, but in the gouahce one, she looks tired and cheap, she doesn't have that "bring it on" look. maybe she's got too much dark patches on her eyes.

Anyways, great work! :beer:

then i got it just right... i was aiming for the worn out used and abused look :) hand is not off its just once i started drawing the shadows in the hand they distorted it. maybe i should take out that finger all together. i donno

bumskee
09-30-2003, 12:33 AM
ahhh, then i guess you got it right, although I prefer the other look. :beer:

how long did it take you to do that? I absolutely love how you did her coat, the texture on it looks amazing.

MindShell
09-30-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by bumskee
ahhh, then i guess you got it right, although I like the relaxed look.

/smack!!!

who's the artist here?

j/k :P

bumskee
09-30-2003, 12:39 AM
/smack!!!

who's the artist here?

j/k :P

:p I thought you might say that so i edited it, it's not what I meant, but YOU HAD TO POST while i was editing so..yeah...

MindShell
09-30-2003, 01:24 AM
just about 4 days

koroko
09-30-2003, 10:47 AM
Man i do love the style of this... :)

the face features are nicely done, it is like a mix between a top-model , manga, and realism... cooool

And i certainly recognize some french girl features there, maybe your reference has the answer...

Drapery is nice too, BUT, let me point at the hand, think you messed up that part, i barely can recognize a hand there...even being half in shadows...

Anyway, is really lovely painting...and the technique is really nice...

olijosman
09-30-2003, 08:44 PM
certainly!a very interesting style! very pretty the use of black and white! great!:beer:

MindShell
09-30-2003, 10:01 PM
only ref i used was for the jacket to help with the light illuminating the leather.

other wise there is no ref there.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.