PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on Demo Reel content!

Kameel
08-29-2010, 09:57 PM
Hello all,
I've been a part of this site for a while. I had my apartment broken into last year. Among the items stolen, was my laptop and portable hard drive! All my 3d work was on that hard drive. I really wanted to start over anyway. My question is , what do you guys suggest I put into my demo reel? I'm doing a modeling demo reel. Please help!

Dare-o
08-29-2010, 10:54 PM
Are you into characters, environments or vehicles? Do you enjoy rigging, lighting, and texturing? You should ask yourself that which would narrow things down a bit.

Kameel
08-30-2010, 01:43 AM
Thanx Dare-O! I love modeling characters! But, I'm not good as I want to be with texturing, lighting, and rigging! Should I just model the characters and not texture them? I don't want to take away from my models!

Dare-o
08-30-2010, 03:20 AM
I think that really depends if you want to get into games or visual effects/film. A good portion of modelers in the games industry, from what I've seen anyway, texture their assets that they create, but for film it's more specialized, modelers model, texture artists texture and so on. If you were going to focus on games definitely start studying textures/color theory and understand how it all works. For lighting/rigging, its always handy to make a nice light rig and pose the character to show off your model if it has no texture.

Presentation is key. :cool:

CGTalk Moderation
08-30-2010, 03:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.