PDA

View Full Version : is it possible to animate character in Vue and Maya workflow

turbojoys
08-29-2010, 09:03 AM
hi guys ... i m new to Vue and started to wondering if i can do character animation in vue and maya workflow ... from reading the Vue doc , the intergration plugin between Maya and Vue 8 xtream can let me do simple animation on object that was created in Vue 8 (or imported in Vue8) in Maya 09 ..

but what if i wanna animate a character in the environment that was created in Vue 8 xstream ?? do i bring my binded mesh with skeleton and control objects into Vue8 then use the intergration plugin and animate it in Maya 09 ?? or do i import the already animated character made in Maya into Vue 8 ? ?

what are the solutions for character animation in Vue 8 xstream and Maya 09 workflow ???

plz enlighten me ,,, thx in advance

MikeSt
09-01-2010, 11:25 AM
i can't understand your problem. There is a render in maya anyway(not in Vue). You can transfer your environment in maya and start render with your env and character

turbojoys
09-04-2010, 03:21 AM
i hope u can understand if i put it this way ... if u ever try 2 create new geo in maya after importing the vue scence or u use ur exsiting maya scence (say a properly rigged and skinned character maya file) to add vue environment using plugin menu ... u wil know the geo/object that has not been put inside vue wil rendered completely base on the maya default directional light (No soft shadow, no GI, no nothing) which represent the vue sun in vue environment ... that is my problem ... coz i cant rigged and skin my character in maya first and then create vue scence in maya and render ... plus no way 2 edit material on object that has not gone through the vue scene

CGTalk Moderation
09-04-2010, 03:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.