PDA

View Full Version : Anim: First-Person Running (416kb)

Ian Jones
09-29-2003, 03:36 PM
Hey,

Just wanted a few quick opinions or suggestions on if this anim works or not.

http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsl7k7r/running_test.mov

I am currently working my ass off trying to produce a 3d anim in about 6 days for a University assignment. It has to be 2 minutes minimum and I'm trying to make a fairly 'artsy' and experimental sort of feel (the lecturer should hopefully love it this way).

My story is from a Soldiers Point of view, running around a battlefield at night, dazed, confused, lost and being shot at. This tiny 3 second animation is just a running test and I'd like to know if it gives off that impression?

I am extremely new to 3d, but hopefully that doesn't show through. :)

Oh, btw... it has heavy motion blur. I'm not sure whether to keep this or not, but I was just experimenting with the feeling it would portray, as this aspect of the animation is very important.

There are no shrubs or trees and the land runs out in a very short strip... its just for testing purposes. I used 3dsMax5.

Ian Jones
09-29-2003, 03:42 PM
arg, now that I view it again... its not really long enough to tell. Sorry! maybe you can still get the gist.

Ian Jones
09-29-2003, 03:57 PM
hehe, me again... A friend pointed out that the eye-level is completely wrong. I agree. although its hard with a lack of reference scaling like trees or buidlings atm.

RazzBlade
10-06-2003, 06:05 PM
with a little left and right action (head turns/horizon scanning) and some ducking after the sound of gunfire or a stray bullet, you might be able to pull it off,,good use of sound will be important in making this video understandable,

Audio Resources
*heavy breathing
*footsteps
*gunfire

your essecially going to kind of create a short that will be experianced threw first person view. like a game.

ps. you might find some usable audio included in military games (if you have any) this is just a class project so I dont think that should be a prob. just give credit for audio creation to the audio engineer, if hes not listed, then give it to the developer. (never do this in a comercial situation without contacting the audio engineer or his parent company)

anyways if you can manage to include some audio I think you can pull off a kinda strange delusional battleield runnning and ducking kinda thinggy. (you might find 2 minutes to be pretty long)..maybe some flashing lights too.. keep pluggin away..

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.