PDA

View Full Version : Pantone Channel output in PS?

dg
09-29-2003, 09:54 AM
Hi!

Anyone knows a way to create a Pantone exclusive channel in CYMK images in Photoshop?

I only know how to do it using the Spot Channel in Multichannel image mode with DCS 1.0 or 2.0 output, but I'm not really sure if it's the only or the best way to do it, since I'd never done Pantone channel for print output in PS.

If someone could give me a hand here I would really appreciate :)

Thank's in advance,
See ya! :thumbsup:

Ian Jones
10-02-2003, 09:29 AM
I have the same questions as you. There is a teeny bit of info in the help files which may be useful, but your best bet is to actually ask your printery. If they won't help you then go to another printer. Business is business afterall.

dg
10-03-2003, 03:24 AM
Hi Ian! :)

Well my question have missed the most important point, a gradient made of pantone. But I've found a way to do that, I'll try to explain.

I had a person with a transparent background, and I need to make a a gradient from one pantone color to another.

1 - Convert your RGB file to CYMK
2 - Go to channels palette and add a spot channel
3 - Configure the Pantone color that you wish to use
4 - Select the gradient tool (Black to White)
5 - Draw your gradient with the spot channel selected
6 - Add a second spot channel for the second color
7 - Repeat steps 3, 4 and 5
8 - Control click the layer with your subject to load the selection
9 - Select the pantones (spot channel) with the selection still visible and press delete (for every spot channel created)
10 - Convert your layer to a background layer
11 - Voila!... at least I think :)

Then you can save as a PSD, PDD or DCS file format.

I hope that help someone,
See ya! 8)

Ian Jones
10-03-2003, 03:48 AM
That all sound correct to me! good job.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.