PDA

View Full Version : Some help needed

prashantuma
05-28-2002, 04:22 PM
Hi all.....

I need some opinions on a model I am finishing up....It is not finished yet but I keep looking at it and cant help to think that something is wrong with the proportions. I have been looking at it too long. I need a second opinion. This is the driver for the civic I posted couple of days ago. Polycount is 1800 skinned with a 256x256 texture. Let me know what you all think.

Cheers
:buttrock:

prashantuma
05-29-2002, 06:55 AM
Hi all....

Here is the finished driver...Tell me what you guys think..

:bounce:

Kirt
05-29-2002, 07:38 AM
Propotions look good, but it maybe difficult to accurately judge where the elbows and knees bend without a pose due to the driver's suit.

Traker
05-29-2002, 01:13 PM
I think the head/helmet should be a little bigger.If you watch F1 you can see that the helmet on pilots is big and they look kinda funny:)
Also the head inside the helmet looks strange...

paranoy2k
05-29-2002, 11:40 PM
I agree with Traker...the helmet seem a little too small!
But everything else seem okay man!

bentllama
05-30-2002, 10:17 AM
A few of my observations:

helmet is too small
neck is too long
arms are too short [the wrists should break at his crotchline when his arms are at his sides]
torso and limbs are too cylindrical [give him some cuts - straights vs, curves]
hands and feet too big
legs too long
if that is his wireframe, it is too uniform to acheive proper deformation for animation
try to get more out of the model for an 1800 poly budget [whether you use the polys for detail or use them to aid deformation/animation]

My 2.5 cents...

Good start.

prashantuma
05-30-2002, 12:53 PM
Thanx for the comments guys....I will rework the model according to what you guys have posted. Really appreciate the opinions.

Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.