PDA

View Full Version : CGSociety Jobs Forum is back!

salmonmoose
08-24-2010, 04:19 AM
CGSociety Jobs Forum is back!

CGSociety is bringing CGJobs back to the forums in a new, fully moderated area within CGTalk. Employers looking for artists for both large and small productions can now post their jobs in simple form for no cost.

This is a general call to companies and recruiters to come online and post your jobs in the forums (http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=319).

Featured ads with graphics can be posted at the normal Premium rate through the CGJobs (http://jobs.cgsociety.org) portal and will appear at the top of the forum in rotation, with links back to full details at CGJobs.

For posting jobs for projects with greater visibility, go to CGJobs (http://jobs.cgsociety.org), sign up to post a paid job advertisement and attach a company graphic.

Maxim_311
08-24-2010, 06:18 AM
Cool beans. The CGJobs section was a compete failure as far as I could tell. When the jobs forum section went away jobs postings went to nill and cgtalk fell off my list of job hunting sights.

We'll see if it makes it back on.

Arkaiko
08-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Coool ^^
Ty Anton!

evolucian
08-24-2010, 08:39 PM
Cool beans. The CGJobs section was a compete failure as far as I could tell. When the jobs forum section went away jobs postings went to nill and cgtalk fell off my list of job hunting sights.

ditto for me

SPIDER2544
08-24-2010, 10:35 PM

same here CGtalk used to be THE place to look for gigs then it went to absolute zero.

lets hope its not to late for the job market.

astitchintime
08-25-2010, 01:01 AM
Cool! Good luck to all those searching.

This place is awesome for those looking for staff.

I noted there were missing Counties (you call them states) in the UK section. 'Tyne & wear' for example. There are games studios in that county too :).

Plus selecting UK in the search criteria brings up USA jobs. I got UK jobs searching in Sweden! lol

ErikSvensson
08-25-2010, 08:18 AM
Will come in handy now when I look for a job, great stuff guys. :)

Erik

fx81
08-25-2010, 05:38 PM
Can you please bring back the "Artist looking for work" section ?

Artists being the primary users of this forums i believe that it would be more helpful for artists and cater to the needs directly than the employers. Right now this seems the place for only employers to advertise/announce.

Darkherow
08-25-2010, 09:33 PM
Would be nicer to see the Jobs placed into sub/child forums of different countries like in the "courses and school" rather than all mixed together.

claybub
08-25-2010, 10:05 PM
agreed with fx81. two sections, Employers and artists looking for work.

I got my first job thanks to the original cgtalk job postings forum, it was a very useful tool. The CGjobs section thing didnt seem very functional to me, cluttered and confusing. Glad to see the old forum is back.

philnolan3d
08-26-2010, 05:31 AM
Good news! If this TV show I'm supposed to be starting soon falls through I'll pop right on here first thing. In fact I'll update my RSS feed now.

Vozzz
08-26-2010, 03:41 PM
I agree: YAY

I remember i found my first job on this forum. But then you got that complex system, and i started looking for jobs elsewhere, since you didn't really have a "project section".

joshpurple
08-27-2010, 01:52 AM
Excellent news! :beer: Thank You very much!

Matteo-Sacco
08-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Really...great jobs, thank you cgsociety

philnolan3d
08-28-2010, 05:56 PM
I just realized, there doesn't seem to be an RSS feed. I hope that can be remedied.

salmonmoose
08-29-2010, 09:46 PM
I just realized, there doesn't seem to be an RSS feed. I hope that can be remedied.
Here:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/external.php?forumids=319

By default I think only firefox detects RSS feeds, there's an extension for Chrome to show them aswell.

philnolan3d
08-29-2010, 10:01 PM
Thanks, I'm using Firefox, but for the RSS feed I have http://protopage.com as my home page and that has a nice RSS reader.

fx81
09-04-2010, 03:58 AM
Can you please bring back the "Artist looking for work" section ?

Artists being the primary users of this forums i believe that it would be more helpful for artists and cater to the needs directly than the employers. Right now this seems the place for only employers to advertise/announce.

can anyone please answer my question ?

i think it is a legitimate request considering the paid membership. right now this forums is for the employers only. a section dedicated for the artists looking for work could be more helpful for us the artists.

BrandonCaedesLiebenberg
11-09-2012, 07:13 AM
Sah-weet. Lets see how cg jobs unfolds. I am certain it will be a general "come and look if somebody has work" spot from now onwards.

HellBoy
04-13-2013, 12:12 AM
Admins, what about individuals who are looking to commission artists? Is this sub forum suitable for that?

CGTalk Moderation
04-13-2013, 12:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.