PDA

View Full Version : Maya 2011 - Straight lines and object snap

ONISpook7
08-23-2010, 11:48 PM
New to Maya 2011, finding a lot of tasks that should be simple are either not obvious or not intuitive:

1.) Creating simple, straight lines. Is adding two points via the EP curve tool the only way?

2.) Snapping the ends of said straight lines together after created to create a closed shape.

Have been doing some research and watching some tutorials, perhaps some of the experts here have some shortcuts or tips that may benefit me.

Thanks!

gamarala
08-29-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm not sure I understand you correctly. Anywys, if you want simple straight lines, you can always set the curve options to linear and draw with either CV or EP curves. But in 2011 you get Bezier curves, which is a better if you want curved parts and straight parts in the same spline. With EP or CV if you wanted that you will have to put down 2 or 3 points on top of each other. And in Bezier curves, simply click once for a linear point and click and drag to change the tangent of the point.

and as for closing curves, you can always use edit curves > open/close curves

not sure abt short cuts for these though. anywys, you can always create your own marking menu or assign a hot key to close curves.. XD

cheers!

CGTalk Moderation
08-29-2010, 09:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.