PDA

View Full Version : similar node to Photoshop - Selective Color?

teemue
08-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Hi there!

Sorry for the newbie question but I'd very much need to color correct all my shots (5 min music video) with nuke and I'm stuck with color correction.

I've done a test grade in Photoshop with the selective color -adjustement layer and it looks exactly like i want it and I can mostly just drop it on anything and it gives me the base grade for everything (of course I would have to fiddle a bit on each shot).

How would I go about creating this in nuke? I've tried the HueCorrect and it seems to do similar things but how would I tell it to lift the cyans and yellows but decrease magenta in all Blue and Cyan colors for example?

It seems that adjusting a certain color area would be only possible by keying certain values, and I'd guess that'd be too much work for this simple thing.

I did one music video with batching all the frames through photoshop and thought to go Pro this time but it seems that nothing beats Photoshop selective color... :(

Thanks in advance for any tips!

oldblindbob
08-22-2010, 10:22 AM
click this link http://thefoundry.s3.amazonaws.com/downloads/Nuke-fxphd-section4-web.mov
its an fxphd tutorial video on colour correcting from The Foundry website. it gives you a pretty quick insight into to what you might need... hope it helps :)

CGTalk Moderation
08-22-2010, 10:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.