PDA

View Full Version : slow down at end of scene

DiNKArt
09-28-2003, 09:28 AM
I have spent this weekend making my first real animation with lightwave inorder to to learn the software. I am using models that are pretty simple. I am just about done with my animtion. My problem is that my computer all of a sudden slowed down a lot when I added one of my last keyframs. The comptuer slows down so much the computer takes around 10 seconds of processing everytime I click the mouse. Basically I have bad lag. Seening how this is still my first week of using the software I am unfamiler on what the problem my be and how to fix it. I have quit and restarted lightwave but it still goes back to slowing down when I load the scene. Other scenes I load that I have have no problems. I am running on a g5 mac so I hope it isn't my computer being to slow. It is strange one second it was running fine made a new keyframe around the 200th frame then it slowed down before I could even move anything.
Thanks for your guys help.

DiNKArt
09-29-2003, 05:08 AM
I think I know what happened. I did one character and then decided to add a second character after I was done animating the first one. I loaded the same character that I was already using. My computer was slowing down when I was using the ik controls. Is there anyway to load the same character twice in one scene? For example if I wanted to have twins in one scene. Would I have to make 2 different rigs or atleast name them something different. Thank you.

Mechis
09-29-2003, 07:04 AM
Maybe someone will prove me wrong, but I think LW's IK is really slow- so when you added a second character, it made LW have to process a lot more, which slowed down your computer.

Having said that, there are things you can do to speed it up, such as decreasing the subdivision, display in wireframe mode, etc. Do a search on CGtalk, there was a thread started by splinegod (I think it was him) about how to speed up animation in LW.

I hope that helps.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.