PDA

View Full Version : Slow Batch rendering/ delays

SandraK
08-19-2010, 12:26 AM
I did a search through the forums and google for "slow batch rendering" etc and most people have complex setups such as proxies, references, networks, renderpasses.

but mine is super simple. Single computer. No shaders. No tricky lighting. etc. A single mesh and the Maya file is on a local HDD and all saved images are on the local HDD, too.

I render a small scene out with maya software render.... it takes about 2 seconds. literally.

batch rendering the entire sequence takes 1 minute each frame. I know once pressing the batch render button the 1st frame can take extra time, but each frame afterwards is also 1 minute long.

Maya 2011 Hotfix 3, 32bit. Plenty of free memory.

cgbeige
08-19-2010, 01:11 AM
if you're using Backburner, increase the task size. Dunno otherwise.

SandraK
08-19-2010, 11:43 PM
No. But I'll try backburner, thou. Never considered it.

Cheers.

SandraK
08-21-2010, 06:50 AM
That didn't work.

Please...

Anybody have an ideas... i'm at my wits end.

Jozvex
08-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Hmm I don't have any great ideas but are you running any kind of antivirus/firewall/protection software? Maybe that is trying to block it or is scanning it while it renders.

There are scripts out there (on the Creative Crash website for example) that will render out animations from inside Maya using the regular render view method, if you just need to get through this project quickly.

:shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
08-21-2010, 10:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.