PDA

View Full Version : fur:problem painting polarity on seams

conflictingalibi
08-17-2010, 04:46 AM
So I'm trying to paint the polarity(direction) on a creature I'm working on and can't seem to solve the problem of having stray strands of fur on my render. This happens only at seams. I've painted as much as I could using the paint attributes tool, then I've exported the file to photoshop and painted over the seams but i still get random stray strands. I've bumped up my fur feedback UV samples to as high as my computer can handle and still get this problem. Any tips from you experienced character fx artists? TIA

–JP

kiryha
08-17-2010, 08:21 AM
Turning off equalizer maps in fur render settings helps me with the same situation.

Also i found that much easier to layout my UVs so that fur automaticaly get correct direction than pait direction with maya tools.

One more i found- much more easy to paint on model with 3D paint tool and than load this maps manualy in fur description attributes as opposed to use slow fur paint attributes tool.

After some month working with maya fur i try shave. And i can give you one more advice- if there any posibility- use Shave:)

And may be you will find useful some tips about rendering Fur with Mentalray (http://kiryha.blogspot.com/2010/06/rendering-fur-with-mental-ray.html)

CGTalk Moderation
08-17-2010, 08:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.