PDA

View Full Version : Bug in AutoRig?

rnb2
09-27-2003, 11:47 PM
Decided to try out AutoRig on the character I rigged myself a few weeks ago, just to compare. I had already used it on a humanoid mesh when Rev9 was released, with no real problems.

Loaded the mesh, rotated 180 degrees on H to get it facing +Z, added the AutoRig, dragged the dots to the appropriate places, added the mesh to the Bone Deform, which gets me to this point (looks good so far):

rnb2
09-27-2003, 11:52 PM
However, as soon as I click on the Animate tab, I get this:

rnb2
09-27-2003, 11:53 PM
That's the right side of the character, btw. I had Handle Symmetry on the whole time as I positioned the dots, and even keyframing everything at 0 doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas?

rnb2
09-28-2003, 12:02 AM
Okay, found the problem - looks like a spurious rotation on H on the ArmSockR null in Setup mode. Copied the value from ArmSockL, and it works fine. Not sure how it happened (user error or bug), so I guess I'll keep an eye on it for the future.

tOd
09-28-2003, 03:32 PM
I had the same thing happen. Sent the file Ron and he's looking into it. If its a bug Im sure it will be fixed in the next Rev.

rnb2
09-28-2003, 04:17 PM
tOd,

Cool, thanks for the info - like I said, by the time I figured out what was happening, I couldn't be sure it wasn't something I had done. If Ron is looking into it and it is a bug, I'm sure it will get squashed.

Rick

dobermunk
09-28-2003, 05:48 PM
I've had this happen occassionally and tracked it to using undo during the fitting process. That'll mess up the actual placement somehow - I think using hexes and weird magic.

rnb2
09-28-2003, 06:54 PM
Yeah, that sounds right - I had used undo at one point, and wondered if that had anything to do with it, since undo doesn't work as you'd expect during the AutoRig process (I don't think it understands the symmetry setting, right?).

tOd
09-28-2003, 08:31 PM
Hmmm undo. I think that might be it. Cant rember if I used it for sure but I will keep it in mind. Thanks for the info.

Jonathan
09-29-2003, 03:49 AM
I had this problem too. Although autorig is fast, I still prefer traditional riging as my root rigs don't have as many bones.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.