PDA

View Full Version : Slo Mo

StevieMac
08-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Yup that old question

I've looked at Bobo's Max Trix
http://www.scriptspot.com/bobo/mxs4/maxtrix/

& I've looked at Oleg's Bullet time Script.

What I need is a way to just do a slo mo effect on a PFlow (not the whole scene) then the particles carry on after the specified time using 'Vanilla' Max/PFlow.

Any ideas or links? Thanks guys.

SoLiTuDe
08-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Yup that old question

I've looked at Bobo's Max Trix
http://www.scriptspot.com/bobo/mxs4/maxtrix/

& I've looked at Oleg's Bullet time Script.

What I need is a way to just do a slo mo effect on a PFlow (not the whole scene) then the particles carry on after the specified time using 'Vanilla' Max/PFlow.

Any ideas or links? Thanks guys.

Use Krakatoa's prt loader -- cache out the particles, retime using the 'playback graph' in the prt loader, then load back into pflow via the prt birth operators.

StevieMac
08-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Ah I was thinking Krakatoa but I didn't think about loading it back into PFlow so I can change the shape!

Thanks Ian!

Is this how Blur does it? Or do they have their own tool?

SoLiTuDe
08-16-2010, 04:55 PM
Ah I was thinking Krakatoa but I didn't think about loading it back into PFlow so I can change the shape!

Thanks Ian!

Is this how Blur does it? Or do they have their own tool?

Depends really... there are a few ways to do it. That would be one of the most straightforward ways. Rayfire has it's own retime built in, Thinking Particles 4 you can retime the caches as well -- but most animation is done with a 'built in' slow mo... so usually we'd be tweaking it manually to match the shot. There are other ways that we're dealing with slo mo / time warping at Prime Focus at the moment via rendering certain frames to match a 'retime curve'... but we have massive amount of frames because of it (everything animated totally slow mo), so it's got it's pluses and minuses

StevieMac
08-16-2010, 05:18 PM
Good to know, thanks for the info Ian.

Steve

CGTalk Moderation
08-16-2010, 05:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.