PDA

View Full Version : Vue 8.5 xStream 64-bit and Cinema 4D 11.5 64-bit

DTOXX
08-16-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm trying out Vue 8.5 xStream 64-bit and I'd like to experiment with its Cinema 4D integration. But, when I try to invoke any operation using the C4D plugin, C4D throws this error:

"Can't find Vue 8.5 xStream application folder."

Both Vue and C4D installations on my PC are 64-bit, and I have also installed the 64-bit C4D plugin.

Any help is appreciated.

RLM
08-16-2010, 02:47 PM
This might be an obvious question, but have you double checked Vue has installed into the correct folder by default? Sounds lie an installation location issue to me. I would personally try using Vue Infinite too, reduces the possibility of technical issues greatly, just takes a little more time and work to export / import everything between programs.

good luck,

Jay

DTOXX
08-17-2010, 01:43 PM
Jay,

Thanks for responding. I did check the installation path against the software manual, and there's no problem that I can see (C:\Program Files\e-on software\Vue 8.5 xStream\).

It's not really important that I figure this out - I was just curious to see the level of integration and if the pipeline made sense. But, thanks for the help and advice!

RLM
08-20-2010, 09:33 AM
Hi DTOXX,

Your welcome, just hope you get it sorted as your installation looks right. I did try the integrated version once, but gave up soon after due to the fact it was so incredibly unstable. Use the Infinite version and just import / export into each program as required, and you will get far better results. Just takes slightly longer.

All the best,

CGTalk Moderation
08-20-2010, 09:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.