PDA

View Full Version : Painter 8 - Great News!

Jinbrown
09-27-2003, 07:56 PM
Hi folks,

Per Corel Painter Program Manager Rick Champagne, today:

Update for Painter 8 is underway and will be available for download at the end of October.

Roughly 21 issues addressed.

PDF User Guide is being updated.

*** Custom Palettes returning! ***

He says there will be more specifics about the release later next month.

Lunatique
09-28-2003, 06:03 AM
That is wonderful news! Was there a beta team for the new fixes? Were you on it?

Jinbrown
09-28-2003, 01:52 PM
Hi,

No beta team as far as I've heard.

Can't wait to see what they've been able to do!

:)

tayete
09-29-2003, 05:34 PM
Though I don't miss them so much, custom palettes are good news indeed.
I only hope they have fixed the Tracker bug that returns size to the original brush...

yinako
10-01-2003, 06:22 PM
Oh Really!
This is more newsworthy than those post in CGnews section

VShane
10-03-2003, 07:03 AM
21 issues fixed? Geeeeez, just call it Painter 9 why don'tcha?:p

Jinbrown
10-03-2003, 03:44 PM
Wacom_Knight,

There are far more than 21 issues needing to be fixed to make it a finished Painter 8.

Corel knows we want these issues fixed, all of them, and my guess is that they did the best they could to fix as many as possible.

Let's hope they can continue working on fixing existing problems rather than working on "wowing" us with new Painter 9 features.

Lunatique
10-03-2003, 05:34 PM
Corel really needs to address some of the major complaints/suggestions that the users have been screaming about for a long time. If they don't, the day Adobe learns to implement a comparable natural painting brush engine into Photoshop, is the day Painter dies a horrible death.

Jinbrown
10-03-2003, 11:17 PM
Rob,

I think it would be great if the new Photoshop users also let Corel know they want the lingering problems fixed, since Corel so clearly wanted to impress Photoshop users with the interface changes.

Together, with long time users who've been hollering for years, it might have more impact.

Corel needs to know they're not going to please anyone once users realize there are so many problems remaining, even newly converted Photoshop users.

Ah well.. one can get very tired of this fight going on so long. Personally, I'm pooped!

;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.