PDA

View Full Version : candle flame

punks
08-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Can anybody give any idea to texture a candle flame something like this in maya.?

http://api.ning.com/files/u-ZDkx7q9efmZaHWUzcZAo4Ky9DAxLBNgw10OtyGjXh4Xum4vKT0NgEFL22ZIf4MOJUKRzFnxKmxw1ClWiliymMvpeHxu3yR/CandleFlameBlk1.jpg

perfectseeker
09-09-2010, 10:49 AM
i cannot guarantee you that it may not be exactly as you mentioned in the picture. but i can help you with best of my knowledge. you can make candle body with any geometry like polygons ,nurbs,subdivs etc. and to get that glossy look apply blin or phong shader. or you can also try with ramp shader to get perfect shade like candle.whatever shade you take but make sure incandescence is the key here.try to mess around with it.and for candles thread .you can apply layer texture using diff materials until you are satisfied with it.and for the flame.take any flame image from the internet.and edit the image in photoshop so that only flame is visible & save it on png format.and in maya take a plane & scale it and put it on top of the candle body.now apply any shader to it in hypershade.now in the shader import the flame png formated file and apply it to the plane in maya.now the flame image will be visible.and you can add the glow for it in special effects just increase the value as per your liking.and now render.this is fast & easy way to do. and for the shadows take a point light on top of candle surface & turn on ray-traced shadows.i hope this helps.

CGTalk Moderation
09-09-2010, 10:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.